Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Still transitioning...

Occurred to me that I need to get back to blogging especially since I'm in a job search once again and find the going rough! I heard it said that when the going gets tough, the tough get going and I've been trying. I've sent out hundreds of resumes and been to several interviews but I either come on too strong or not strong enough and it's hard to know what is expected anymore. There was a time when I was a one-interview person and if I could get the interview, I always got the job, if I wanted it. I am not finding that to be the case this time around.

I am not giving up though and I keep sending out my resumes every single day knowing that at some point, hopefully in the very near future, "the Universe will provide." I am doing my part, that's for sure.

It seems when there are "woes" in life, at least in my life, they seem to all lump up at the same time. I whine a bit but then I try to find a place of positivity and focus again and I'm trying hard to be there right now although it is an uphill event for me. So, I try to write my "gratitude" list in the mornings to remind myself of all the many blessings that are in my life and the many things for which I am grateful. It works for a little while.

Of course, if I don't find a job soon, I will find myself unable to make my mortgage payments and will become one of the homeless which is a scary thought to me. I can see how it happens though and that's something I never thought I would see. I've been working since I was 12 years old, non-stop except for a few years here and there when I stayed home with the kids and even then I watched other children. Now, I find myself one of the "more mature" employees and no one seems to want a "mature, professional" and it surprises me because if I were hiring, I would be thrilled to find someone with my experience, professionalism and skills especially since I am willing to accept a job making much less than what I know I am capable of earning. No one seems to want an "old bird" no matter how skilled and I am sure if I were 25 I would have had no problem getting one of the jobs I'm applying for so I am screaming "age discrimination" but I have absolutely no recourse and that's the most frustrating thing about looking for a job right now for me.

I just found out that the job I had wanted and interviewed for last week that is only one mile from my house and which I could do in probably half the time they have allotted and bring many added qualities and benefits to the position does not want to hire me and they say it's because I have only 3 years experience with Quickbooks. Well, that's a BS reason because I have been working with Quickbooks since the product was first released. I have sold it, trained others how to use it, set up different companies books on QB and so to give me a BS reason like they want someone with more QB experience makes my stomach queasy. Just say it like it is and that's that you want a YOUNGER employee. I guess that just proves they are NOT the company I'd want to work for anyhow if they are so limited and narrow in their thinking.

Well, that's my vent for this morning. I am feeling angry and aggravated so I think I'll put on some yard clothes and go dig in the dirt. That always makes me feel better. At least I can tend a flower bed and it responds lovingly.

I am still hoping for a good job in the very near future. I've been drawing unemployment for 13 weeks and I want to WORK! I WANT A JOB! I don't want to be on unemployment and I have mad skills and can't understand why some progressive company is not scarfing me up. Craziness. Pure craziness!

Going to dig in the dirt. Tomorrow is a new day and a perfect job may open up for me tomorrow. Hope your day is happy and productive! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.