Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let the fast begin...

Day one of the Master Cleanser fast. I'm just taking one day at a time and won't go into much detail here. First day is always the worst for me because of caffeine withdrawal. I stayed in bed until almost 3:30pm today (well, I was up a couple of times) which is unheard of for me. I don't know that I've ever slept until 3:30pm but it's okay. I'm just trying to take care of me.

The sun is shining in right now and that feels good after all the rain we've had here. We were fortunate because we live on a hill and the water rolls down the street...right onto my brother's property into his pond. The pond has an overflow system that leads to the creek behind his house. He's on a hill from the creek so that's a good thing. We were fortunate, indeed.

On the positive side, there will be work for those who have had a hard time finding work and that's a good thing. One man's woe is another man's joy. Such is the way of life.

Josh and I worked through our misunderstanding and came out the other side of it more understanding of each other, I think. I have to remind myself how it felt to be in my 30's because I consider most people, including my own children, peers and we're not. That is what was brought home to me in full force yesterday. I LOVE the age that I am and I wouldn't want to go back and re-live anything. I can do that in my mind anyhow and sometimes the version in my mind is much better than the "real" version. It's my story and I'm sticking to it has another meaning altogether in that sense.

I had a conversation with someone I shared a lifepath with for a number of years and the memories he carries of the SAME TIME when were together are so different from mine. I just wonder if it was all a dream and we were never really together for all those years because our sense of that time and memories are so very different. Perhaps that's the "way of life," too?

A sense of peace and calm have settled into my soul, ever since the HELL JOB ended, amen and thank you! I feel as if I am currently in "coast" mode and just taking an easy ride down a gentle slope. I'm enjoying the ride because I have lived long enough to know that there's another hill that begins when this one ends I'll have to go up before I can go down. That's for tomorrow though so for today, I'll just enjoy and revel in the peace and calm.

Speaking of the HELL JOB, the employer is "appealing" my claim for unemployment. In 35 years in the business world I never experienced anything like I experienced working for those people. The lack of professionalism, organization, systems...everything was lacking there and the people were a piece of work. Husband yelling at the wife right in front of me, wife calling the former employee a bitch and others worse. She wrote in the appeal that I was "difficult to work with" and I had a good laugh over that statement. I was difficult to work with because I asked if I were to be compensated for using my personal vehicle for their business. She almost got apoplexic over that request. I was difficult because I asked they follow the procedures put in place to help the organization's record keeping. I worked harder at that job than any other job I've ever had and it's because EVERYTHING was in such a mess when I got there. I went in early, stayed late, put up with their dog and their kids and their bad tempers and dog hair and dust everywhere and she says I was difficult to work with. I just wonder what rock they crawled out from under and how do you run a business and be so clueless? I felt some compassion and sympathy for them because they were in over their heads, had no money, had a lot of debt and had no idea what they were doing on the business/book end and were the most reactive business people I'd ever met and every day was a CRISIS. There was no planning and no forethought. I think they must have ridden the coattails of another to get to the financial position they were in previously and when the housing market tanked so did their fortunes which brought them to their knees and that's when I came in. Now, I've got to defend myself to the GDOL and have talk to an "appeals tribunal" (sounds scary) and the bottom line is that the woman from the HELL JOB is trying to screw me and I'm not going to allow it. She WILL be sorry and if she thought I was difficult when I was working then, she'll know what difficult really is when this is all said and done.

Whew...what a rant. Felt good to get that out! Have you ever had a HELL JOB? I guess I was lucky in that it was my first and it came at the end of my career. What a way to go out!

I didn't do anything this week with regards to starting back to school and that's my next hill. Once I get through the fast I'll make that my next priority. I'm still sending resumes but nothing much is out there.

Time to walk Wiz. Hope you have had a wonderful day for your OWN self!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.