Friday, September 25, 2009

Working on a book of poetry

I started working on a book of poetry which I will give to my children and a few select friends for Christmas. Every Christmas I try to do something for my family that is a "part of me" to share. I've done a cookbook (Sabe's Faves) and a short-story entitled "Daddy's Story" and this year will be the book of poetry. It's fun because I am re-living the moments when I wrote each poem and I've a lifetime of memories, some happy, some sad and some poignant. All have their place in the book as all have their place in life.

I'm just back from driving my brother to airport. I thought traffic would be a horrendous nightmare due to the time but it was a breeze, both ways and that was a relief. I was prepared for anything, though, and whenever I get in the car I'm prepared to go with the flow and not let anything bother me. I listen to FM 97.1 which plays the good old classic rock and roll of my younger days and bounce around and/or sing along with the music and I'm a party of one in the car!

Sun is shining brightly outside and it IS a great day to be alive in America. (21 days and counting until New Moon comes out. Can't wait for another taste of eye candy (love me some Robert Pattinson!).

Namaste!

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Sabra! I've been thinking about doing something similar (the cookbook and poetry) for my girls. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.