Saturday, May 21, 2011

Doomsday or expecting a miracle?

It is a GREAT day to be alive here in beautiful downtown Buford. I drove down Main Street while waiting for the train to pass so I could cross to my side and it is such a lovely little town. I noticed a family out walking together and several other people getting their exercise in the early morning after I dropped Wiz off for his grooming. Small town, USA and it is quaint, rustic and sweet. I love it here although I know I shall leave someday but this is a time when I am making a memory.

I am compassionate towards the "doomsday" Christians because they are so sure the world is going to end tomorrow and the rapture is going to occur. I wonder how they will adjust when what they believed so completely does not happen. There was a time, in 1975, when I was a newly "born again" Christian and I was on street corners passing out leaflets and spreading the "good word" and trying to help others save their soul. It was an interesting time for me and I'm glad I had that experience but it was fleeting. Once I began to question the teachings the veil of illusion was lifted and life got back to being more normal. I guess it was what I needed at the time and perhaps this is what the "doomsdayers" need in their life at this time, too. I wonder what they are doing with their "last" day. How will they spend it knowing they will be raptured tomorrow? Will it be in prayer, fasting, saying goodbye to loved ones? What will they do on Monday is the bigger question, I think, when they find the rapture has not occurred and life goes on? Will the veil of illusion be lifted for them, too? Life goes on.

For me, Monday is much anticipated as I begin my new job that I have searched so hard to find. I am beginning a new adventure and looking forward to meeting new people and having new purpose in my life. The past couple of years have been difficult for me but a time of growing and learning and becoming more of who I am meant to be in this life. Even in the midst of so much turmoil, I could find joy in the day and constantly reminded myself that happiness is an inside job. It's my responsibility to my own Self to find my place of peace and happiness and I accept that responsibility. I fly solo and I am still a soul searcher! Life goes on.

There is too much to be grateful for in this life to live in fear that it is going to end. It is going to end and that's a certainty. Yet not today so live this day in the best way you know how and enjoy the gifts and the miracles that will come your way as they surely will.

I cleaned the carpet in my newly vacated spare room yesterday. I opened the windows and let the fresh air in and the stale air out and it feels happier in there already. Mom lived there for a while and I was happy to have her there. A friend of mine lived there for a while and I was happy to have her there, too. Now, it is mine alone again and I will make it into my studio and I will be happy to have ME in there! Next weekend I will do a clearing of the energy in the room using sage and prayers and then I will begin setting up my studio so I can create again. I've missed having the space to paint, write, make cards and draw. I feel another level of being beginning. A new adventure on more levels than one and that is life, isn't it? Nothing is static and everything is always changing, at least in my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wrote two new poems yesterday and worked a little on a book I am helping edit. I am hoping to have my book of poetry completed so I can gift it at Christmas to my family and a few friends. I had to make myself stay on task because when I start opening boxes and footlockers that have been stored away, I get caught up in looking at what's in the boxes and reminisce about the memories contained therein. I am a keeper of the memories and what is in those boxes and footlockers are the history of my life and my children's life. I consider each memory a pearl in the necklace of my life and treasure them as they are priceless.

Do you journal or have keepsakes tucked away in a box somewhere? I've tried to teach my children to do that but I don't think it is as important to them as it is to me yet someday, I believe they will appreciate that I was the "keeper of the memories." Perhaps it is important to me because I did not have stability in my life as we moved so often. I like that I was constantly having a new adventure but part of me has always envied those who were born, lived and stayed in the same place and my dearest friends are people whose lives were such. They balance me in that way because that was not my path in this life.

Well, I'm rambling so that means it's time for me to get productive as there is much to be accomplished today. There are memories to be made and tonight I will be spending time with my grandchildren and that's always fun for me. So, carpe diem! If this is the last day, then let's make it the best!

The angel was gift from my son and his wife and the angel is holding up a lantern. I love that angel, not only because they gave it to me which makes it special to my heart but because I enjoy the image of an angel to show me the way. I am expecting a miracle today. How about you? Remember, the best is yet to come! And so it is.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.