Thursday, May 12, 2011

Holding the resonance...

Resonance, according to Webster's Dictionary, is the quality or state of being resonant and when I looked up resonant it says "relating to or exhibiting resonance." So does that make anything more clear? Not to me! So, I looked up the word "resonate" and it was the closest to what I mean when I talk about holding the resonance and the definition is (drum roll, please!) "to relate harmoniously." Okay, so now that makes it a bit clearer, right? To relate harmoniously. So, if hope is one end of the spectrum and hopelessness is at the other, I am "holding the resonance" to "relate harmoniously" with the end of the spectrum that is HOPE. Okay, enough of that! I could go on and on and it would be "much ado about nothing" and overuse of quotes and inuendos.

So, let's get to the real stuff. I went to a staffing agency in Atlanta and met with a delighter Recruiter and redundantly completed an application on their computer system in the office which duplicated the information I had completed online at their website and the information I had provided in my attached e-mail of my resume and references. I spent an hour there, about 10 minutes of it with recruiter. At least the parking was free!

The Recruiter has forwarded my information to an HR Manager and it is another iron in the fire. With all the irons I've got in the fire now, it must be referred to as a bonfire and I am sure hoping a little spark comes back to me in the way of a job offer. This job search is a tiring process and it is becoming a habit to grab my computer first thing in the morning and send out a minimum of two resumes.

Before 8:00am I had already sent out my first two resumes as I enjoyed my daily latte. In the background, "New Moon" was on my TV and I paused to look at "Edward" whenever he came on the screen. Sigh! I want to be Bella! Now, I have "Twilight" on and they are just going to eat at the restaurant where she orders mushroom ravioli and Robert Pattinson sings in the background "Never Think." Ahh, sigh. I want to be Bella! I suppose fantasizing about Rob (oh, I know him so well!) is my escape from this difficult reality.

My children think my "obsession" (it's not really an obsession, just an interest) with Robert Pattinson is funny since he's about half my age (okay, at least) but it's not so much him (although he is truly luscious) but more the opportunity to REMEMBER a time when I was "holding the resonance" with another in "that" way. [So what IS with all the quotes today, Sabra?] The early 20's are a fantastic time (or they can be) in life, at least in retrospect. But, as it has been said, [okay, here go the quotes again, forgive me] "hindsight is 20-20."

So [Bella is just figuring out that Edward is a vampire] back to my reality... I have another interview in Atlanta today at 3:00pm and one in Roswell tomorrow at 9:30am. More irons into that fire! [Look of angst between Edward and Bella as she heads off into the forest and will confront him about being a vampire.] This job search has been a real eye-opener for me. I have been fortunate in my life to have found great opportunities and work for amazing men. I have worked for some women but they weren't as amazing (or fun to work with) as the men. My President's were strong, goal oriented, forward thinking, considerate, kind, respectful and, in their own way, sensitive and they loved me as much as I loved them and it was a great win-win situation. [Edward is showing Bella his "beautiful" skin that glitters like diamonds...oh, can I touch it just once????]

My affirmations for yesterday were: (1)I relax and trust life; (2)Life gives me all I need to be happy; and (3)Happiness is my natural condition. Yesterday, I resonated with happiness and as I went into the interview, I relaxed and trusted that only that which is for my higher and better good would occur. In one of my suit jacket pockets I had hope and in the other, I had faith. In the middle was happiness! [Edward: "You don't know how long I've waited for you."] I think when I finally get my REAL job offer, I will be saying "You don't know how long I've waited for you."

Time to start thinking about today's interview and to do my "morning work" to raise my resonance and find my harmony with the universe. [Bella: "I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."] ["OH MY GOD!" as Edward and Bella walk into the school yard as a couple for the first time. Dang, he would stop me in my tracks if I saw him walking towards me. My mouth would go dry and I would be unable to talk and I would just stare at him, probably with my mouth open and drool dribbling down my chin!]

So, I think my resonance is up and my little mental excursion into the "Twilight" world has been fun this morning. It is OKAY to combine work and play...it's balance and I strive to maintain balance in my life (not that I always succeed but I try!).

Again, today I am taking faith and hope with me to my interview and I KNOW the Universe will provide because it always does. It is a great day to be alive in America and the best is yet to come! And so it is!

About whom or what do you think I am "wondering" today? [LOL] You would probably be more surprised than you'd imagine! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.