Monday, May 2, 2011

A new week begins...

Monday and first thing I see when I log on this morning is that "Osama bin Laden" is dead. What immediatedly came to mind was a song from the movie "The Wizard of Oz." The lyrics are "Ding! Dong! The witch is dead. Which old witch? The wicked witch! Ding! Dong! The wicked witch is dead." For those of you who know that movie, you will remember that as a result of the death of the wicked witch came some heavy consequences and responsibilities. My next thought was, "now what!" I try not to think too hard or too long about politics or war because it hurts my head and I am conflicted in my heart and my soul about what is the "right" thing. I still want us all to learn to just love one another and live in peace and harmony. I just want to get back to Auntie Em and live on the farm with Toto.

Okay, so enough about that because in my world, I just had a beautiful weekend. I had all of my grandchildren in a room at once (all 7 of them!) and that doesn't happen very often. My son was visiting from Denver and brought my two "Denver" grandchildren. We had a great family weekend with a lot of love, kisses and hugs and what IS good in life. I slept with three of the grandkids in a queen-sized bed (imagine that!) and each time I got up (several times!) I looked at their sweet faces and my heart filled with joy. Admittedly, I did finally get into another bed (alone) but before they woke up, I climbed back in with them so we all woke up together. There was one person missing this weekend but she was remembered and we included her as much as possible with texts and pictures sent. Not the same as being here, for sure, but the best we could do for the moment.

Once the kids grow up and the grandkids come along, they all have their own little satellite world away from us (parents), as it should be. Yet when we can all get together, for just a short while and share a meal and spend some quality together, it is so beautiful. I thank God for my healthy, happy, productive, wonderful and unique family and for any time that we can spend together.

I watched the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton and it thrilled my heart. I wish them joy and happiness! It was a beautiful, fairy tale wedding and although my kids made fun of me, I didn't care because it was a romantic and beautiful event and I loved being able to watch it and I was waiting for that kiss on the balcony! I loved seeing all the beautiful clothes and hats and it was fabulous in every way, to me.

I am still at my daughter's house. Her husband has gone to work and the kids are off to school and now I am going to spend a few hours doing housework here. I kept all the grandchildren here and they do tend to leave evidence of their presence! So, Mimi is going to help get things back in order today and later this evening, I will head back to my own little shangri-la!

Wishing you a joy-full day! It IS a great day to be alive and the best is yet to come! And so it is! Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.