Sunday, May 15, 2011

"So beautiful or so what?"

I watched Paul Simon on Saturday Night Live and he sang a song (of course!) and the chorus lyrics were "Life is what you make of it, so beautiful or so what!" Actually, I'm watching it at 6:30am on Sunday morning because I "DVRed" (that's a verb?) it so I can fast forward through the commercials. It offends me to have to pay for cable TV and then have to watch commercials. That's not what I want to write about this morning though (aren't you glad?!)

"Life is what you make of it, so beautiful or so what!"

[a couple of hours later...]
I got that far earlier and then I wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted, wrote, deleted until the Universe REALLY got my attention by shutting down my connection to the internet. At that point I said, "Okay! I get it!" I turned off the computer and went into the kitchen to do my "morning work." I knew there was a message and it wasn't coming through until I had completed my morning work and meditation.

The Universe provided me with a great message and I am excited about Monday's potential because I have another job interview but I AM LIVING IN THE RIGHT THIS MINUTE and it's all beautiful, oh yes!

I usually close my blogs with "Namaste!" and I've been asked what "namaste" means so let me share with you. Mahatma Gandhi said that in India, when people use the word "namaste" they are saying "I honor the place within you where the entire Universe resides; I honor the place within you of love, of light, of truth, of peace; I honor that place within you, where, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, there is only one of us." Now I ask you, what could be more beautiful than the meaning of "namaste," according to Mahatma Gandhi? It is honoring GOD and the place in each of us where GOD is and connecting us to the other person and EVERYTHING that is because we are all a part of the Universe or God. It makes me feel unlimited and miniscule at the same time and it's beauty is simplicity.

So, keeping it short and sweet this morning, I say to you, my reader, NAMASTE! With "prayer hands" in front of my heart, head slightly bent, I say to you, NAMASTE!

May you make your life so beautiful today! Remember, it IS a great day to be alive and the best is yet to come! And so it is!

This is a gift I painted (or let the Universe paint through me) for my son:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.