Friday, April 24, 2009

Painting in a Plein Air Festival

Today is the day! If you live in my area, please come out and check out the artists who will be painting in this Festival (myself included!). I'll be set up across from the Buford Variety Playhouse (which is having it's first scheduled event tonight, too!)

It's supposed to be in the 80's today and sunny! Hoo-ray! I'm so excited. I bought my canvas yesterday and there was a 40% off sale on artist's easels so I bought a handy-dandy lightweight, in a case with a should strap, plein air easel for only $29.95 (plus tax, of course!). I took it out of the box and set it up as soon as I got home and couldn't believe how easily it sets up and breaks down. I think it was a very good investment.

Canvas was on sale for 50% off, too. I guess it was my lucky day yesterday. I bought twice as many as I'd plan to buy but paid only the price I'd planned to pay. Great how that worked out. I bought a few more tubes of paint and some brushes, too. I add sand to the paint and it really wrecks my brushes so I found some low cost but good brushes that will work just fine and I can save my more expensive brushes for other paintings.

I'm so excited as this is my first Plein Air festival and there are both money and other prizes to be won AND, even more exciting, my painting will hang at Tannery Row Art Gallery through the month of May and are available for purchase! This is a picture of one of the paintings I did at my painting group.

Isn't that full of energy and pizazz? I add sand that I brought back from St. George's Island in Florida to the paint and it adds a nice texturizing effect. I love the energy of St. George's Island and since my paintings are all about energy and the interconnectedness of everything and everyone on an energetic level, I wanted to incorporate that energy into my art. It's earth, sand, sky, beach, ocean, sun...all in one little painting. Can you feel it? I know you can see it but can you feel it? I can feel it with my eyes open when I look at this painting which is what I guess artists try to do for others. When I close my eyes and vision, I can see with my soul what I can't see with my eyes. But when I paint, I offer others an opportunity to see what I see with my soul. Lovely, isn't it!


I wanted to share one of my garden shots with you, too. I just learned that I can add photos to this blog. Isn't that a miracle (duh, to me!)!!!! Now, I'll really have some fun with this!

Above is one of the blue Iris and the one beside it is white and it opened yesterday. I went out to take pictures but realized I'd left my favorite camera (a Vivitar) at my daughters when I was over there Monday. My other camera wouldn't work so I just figured that I didn't need to be taking pictures but just enjoying them. So, that having been said, it's time for me to walk my yard as the sun is up and then pack up and get ready to go to paint!
Wishing you a joy-filled day with health and happiness.
Namaste!




A



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.