Thursday, March 26, 2009

Finding Balance between Doing and Being

Woke up at 4:57am this morning, got the coffee going and when it was ready brought a cup in where I was sitting in my bed doing my morning meditations. I've stopped being amazed that the message I get each day is EXACTLY what I need to know for my greater good in the day. This morning, the message was loud and clear about doing and being or rather BALANCE in my life. I also spent some time visioning the reality I want to live with conscious intent.

Sometimes, I get so fired up and I want to DO EVERYTHING and KNOW EVERYTHING and I want it all RIGHT NOW. That's when I start losing control because I get too busy with the DOING and forget about the BEING. I know that balance is an essential ingredient for me to live my life in the way I want. I have been so busy, busy, busy and I'm starting to live by my calendar and panic if I can't immediately put my hands on it so I don't forget something important. That in itself is not a bad thing but I can see how it is easy for me to allow myself to become overwhelmed. I had two things planned for today and have decided, after my morning meditations that I need to do only one of those things and spend the remainder of my day bringing order back to my home. My home is a reflection of my inner self and it's getting out of control. So, if I am to accomplish all that I want to do in the coming weeks, I know that it is important to stay home today, listen to beautiful music and get my house in order.

In doing that for myself, it means I won't go to the "Thursday Things" at the Tannery Row Artist Colony today and I regret that I'll miss it but know it's more important to do what I need to do here so I can enjoy my lecture tonight with peace in my being. I also have a list of six other items that must be accomplished today so it's not like I'm going to just BE but doing those things will provide the peace I need to continue and achieve my goals.

I was invited to a Law of Attraction and Creativity Meet-up last night but after the magnificent day yesterday my energy was waining (and my back was aching!) so I didn't go although I did sign up to get the e-mails and became a member (online) of the group. I will look forward to future Meet-ups and to getting to know the people involved. I am trying to learn to "listen" to my body and the back ache was a sign to me that I was trying to do too much and it came right back to me this morning. The load was becoming too heavy to bear and it is all self-imposed.

I did take the time to listen to an online lecture by Joe Vitale who is a part of the "Law of Attraction" movement. "The Secret" was a big hit a couple of years ago but after watching it, I realized it wasn't really about a Secret but it was information that I'd already been exposed to and practiced for years. However, it is coming into mainstream thinking now and I believe that's a good thing. Dr. Earnest Holmes wrote "Science of Mind" over 75 years ago so he was a pioneer well ahead of his time. Seems there's a further awakening of the collective consciousness about how we can be co-creators of our lives and the focus is on spirituality rather than on religion. If this were the early days of Christianity, I am sure we would all be burned at the stake by now. Glad it's now and not then! :-) Anyhow, although I didn't attend the Meet-up, I still exercised my mind in a good way last night.

My messages this morning (for my Spirit, Mind and Physical Reality) were to go step by step (don't try to have EVERYTHING at once) and to avoid extremes (see how that works?). Centeredness and balance are needed. Fear of losing control came up for me and I was reminded that FEAR IS IRRATIONAL in nature and does not reflect the real situation.

One of my artistic endeavors was to design a set of Motivational Moments cards. There are 30 cards, one for each day of the month and on each card is a positive, motivational affirmation. I bought colorful satin bags to hold the cards and put some kind of fun or whimsical embellishment on the bags and I sell them for $25.00. I also gift a lot of them because I want to share the goodness I have learned with others. If I can also find financial reward, then it becomes a win-win situation. My goal in life is to have many win-win situations. If you'd like to purchase a set, send me an e-mail. If you need a gift, I am happy to share with you so just let me know and I will be happy to give you a set. I know there were times I wanted something and knew it would be of benefit to me but didn't buy it because I needed to use my financial resources in other ways. If you're in that situation, I am happy to share with you a love gift. Just ask.

I am a very big believer in the power of positive thought and my Motivational Moments are a result of my practice of writing my affirmations each day. From my morning meditations come three affirmations. One for my Spirit. One for my mind. One for my daily physical reality (Body). To conclude my morning meditations, I write my affirmations 10 times each in a spiral notebook that I keep with my books and cards that I use in my Morning Meditations. Writing them makes me slow down and think, which is harder than you'd imagine. My mind is going "90 to nothing" all the time and I have to make a conscious effort to slow down. I do my deep breathing and meditate just to CLEAR my mind and reach a state of inner peace. I write my affirmations for the same reason and to set my intent for my day. On the days I DON'T do this, I can certainly tell a difference in how my day unfolds so I am a living example of the benefits of AFFIRMING the positive.

My affirmations for today are (S)I am more and more capable now of expressing my feelings and my creativity in all facets of my life. (M)I am at rest in my own center. (B)I accept my fear and let it go. This is exactly what I needed for my day. An accident? No, I think not. When I meditate, I tap in to the collective unconscious (C. G. Jung) and know that the message I receive is EXACTLY the message I need to hear. God IS good!

So, I am slowing down today and taking things step-by-step. It's okay for me to do that
and it is what I am choosing to do for myself. We all have the choice. What are you choosing for your own self ? Are you loving yourself?

Today, I am bringing order back into my life. Once I've accomplished that task, I can move forward with all the other things I want to be doing and I can do it with peace in my center. I will spend some time reading today. I want to re-read "Empowering Women" by Louise Hay. I read it years ago and it's time to revisit it with new eyes. If you've never read anything by Louise Hay, I highly recommend her books and her teachings, whether you are a man or a woman. She has some excellent insights and one of my favorite meditations come from Louise and it begins..."Deep at the center of my being there is an infinite well of love." It's a beautiful meditation and a reminder to me that we are ALL infinite wells of love and some of us don't even know that about ourselves or give any conscious thought to it at all. It IS true and I believe it wholeheartedly.

As I write this morning, I am listening to "Sacred Journey" by WhiteFox. It makes my spirit sing and the flute takes me away to the heavens and beyond. We are so blessed, in so many, many way and need not only to remember it but to express our gratitude for our many blessings.

Sending love and Light to you.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.