Sunday, March 29, 2009

Savoring Sunday...

I watched "From Ambition to Meaning" today. It's a movie that stars Dr. Wayne Dyer and it was very interesting and I enjoyed seeing him being interviewed in the movie and hearing what he had to say. I can easily see how he moved from ambition to meaning in his life (because I've read all of his books along the way) and he talks about it in the movie. He believes one of our purposes in life is to just "be happy." In my opinion, that's a wide open definition because we have to ask ourselves, WHAT does it mean, to ME, to be happy? What does being happy mean to YOU? I am most happy when I _______________? My list would be long... I am most happy when I am creating...when I paint, make cards, work at my computer on a project...I am most happy when I am enjoying leisure time with my family. I am most happy when I am walking on the beach and see a rainbow or a beautiful sunrise or sunset. I am most happy when I am boarding a plane to a place I've never been on an adventure I've only dreamed. I'm most happy when I am home alone, doing whatever I want to do in the time I want to do or doing NOTHING except taking a nap. I am most happy when I feel the spirit of God move over/through me, especially when I'm working in my yard. I experience a moment of pure bliss and it seems to be happening to me more and more these days. When it does happen, I burst into tears but it's a good crying and I guess it's just because I'm overwhelmed by a spirit that is so loving. It's difficult to explain that one. I am most happy ....could go on for pages and pages because I am so happy and in a state of gratitude every single day, every single moment of my life and I take nothing for granted. So, tell me, for I am curious...what makes YOU happy? If you don't tell me, that's okay but THINK about it and ask yourself, "what does make me most happy?" Make your list...I'm sure it's a long one, too.

I believe, for me, that I came to this life to grow spiritually. It is not my only purpose but it is the MAIN purpose of my life and I work towards that goal which is a goal that can/cannot ever be met. How far is enough? How many lifetimes do I live to attain this purpose? How can I be more like Jesus...Buddha...and other enlightened masters?

Oh, yes...it's a Sunday to be savored and so delicious. After the rains, it's a little cool today and a good day for staying inside.

I begin my fast tomorrow. I was going to start today but didn't get to the store to get everything I need. So, are you wondering what can one possibly need when one is FASTING? You'd be surprised! I'll share it with you as I go along as it is a 10-day fast called the Master Cleanse and it's been done many times, by many people and some have shared their experiences online so if you do a search for "master cleanse" all kinds of sites come up, including a support site for people trying to do the cleanse. Some call it quackery. Some call it a miracle. Those that call it quackery, for the most part, have never tried it. Those that have done it, swear by it. It's not easy and requires determination. I AM DETERMINED as this cleanse is not only for my body...it will include my mind and my spirit in conjunction with my body AND I believe I complete it successfully and feel better as a result.

"THE wedding" is in 20 days. I drove up to the North Georgia mountains (Blue Ridge) yesterday to see where Jen and Elliot have chosen to speak their vows. My heart was touched for a number of reasons. They are getting married beside a tree, in a meadow, by a bubbling brook that makes the most gentle of sounds on what I hope will be a warm, spring day. The crab apple trees will be in full bloom and the walkway, over a little bridge which spans the brook and was built by Elliot's Dad and Stepmom last year, leads to an open meadow surrounded by beautiful trees. E's grandparent's ashes are scattered under that tree and it seems so sweet that he would want to be married there. It is a PERFECT place for a wedding under God's great sky!

Time to go shopping and get my "head right" for the journey I begin tomorrow. Monday will be spent at home in solitude, silence and prayer. The first day is always the most difficult because I will sorely miss my morning coffee and will probably have a "caffeine" headache which if you've ever had one, you know it's not very pleasant.

Hope your day is a peaceful, and HAPPY (whatever that means to you!) one. Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.