Monday, March 30, 2009

Master Cleanse - Day 1 - Evening

Success! I'm almost through day 1 and it was easier than I had anticipated. I keep forgetting that the most difficult part of this fast is STARTING. I relaxed, for the most part, today and stayed to myself, as I had planned. The caffeine headache was brief and that's a good thing. I've still got about 8 ounces of water to drink before I tuck in and my herbal tea is brewing beside me. I am feeling very good about this day and have high hopes for the remainder of the fast. The best thing for me to do is focus on only one day at a time. I had a couple of brief instances where food passed through my mind today but it wasn't any big deal. I love brown rice and if it has wild rice mixed in with it all the better. That seems to be what I most crave when I am fasting. The "processes" seem gentler this time. I'm wondering if it's because I can't really remember the last time I had red meat. It must make a difference.

I still needed to use my inhaler a couple of times today and I did a breathing treatment (actually two) but I am really working towards NEVER having to use the inhaler or the nebulizer again. I want to get all of the mucus out of my system and stop needing these artificial methods of opening my bronchial tubes enough so that I can get oxygen. I take ventalin and albutural sulfate and just the names alone make me cringe. I wonder what it's doing to my liver and other internal organs and if some of it is sitting in my joints? However, I will say that when I can't breathe, I am very grateful for those medicines, very grateful indeed. I am sure tomorrow will be a better day in that regard for me.

It was beautiful out today and I hope it's as nice tomorrow. If it is, I'm going to take a long walk in the fresh air. I'm sure anyone can benefit a nice walk in the fresh air and if you haven't had one in a while, find a park or a nature path or just go outside on the sidewalk and breathe deep of the scents of Spring. I smelled the hyacinth's this morning and what a scent! Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Time for tea and then I'm tucking in. Day 1 was a good day and I am feeling GREAT!

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.