Monday, March 30, 2009

Master Cleanse - Day 1 - Morning

The view from my window allows me to see that it is a glorious Spring morning here. The flowers on the Dogwood trees are not yet fully opened but enough to enjoy. It's funny because there are four trees, all planted at the same time and yet they are all different. The diameter of the trunk, the height of the trees and the time they come into full bloom are all different. The one closest to and hovered over by the pecan tree is short and squat but it has the prettiest blooms. Each is majestic in its own way, just as each of us are majestic in our own way.

I started the fast this morning with the 32-ounce salt water flush. As I write, I'm enjoying my first drink of the day (a "double") of 20-ounces of water, 4 tablespoons of freshly squeezed organic lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of organic grade B maple syrup and 1/5th teaspoon of cayenne pepper. It actually tastes pretty good. I have just a little bit of a nudge in the back of my head letting me know my body is reacting to the lack of caffeine.
.
I've planned a very low-key day. There are three books I'm going to read (re-read) and I also downloaded a meditation and a lecture by Dr. Dyer that I intend to listen to after I write this morning. I watched his movie "Ambition to Meaning" online yesterday for only $4.95 and then, when I got the receipt, I was gifted with the meditation and lecture so I downloaded it in mp3 format so I can listen to it later. Very nice of Hay House and Dr. Dyer to offer the free gift. He's all about serving others and I appreciate that about him and am grateful for his gift.

Well, let me get on with the day. There are books to be read and a mind that wants to be expanded. Do something nice for your own SELF today. Listen to some beautiful music, feel the sun on your face and notice the flowering of Spring! It IS a great day to be alive in America and I know that I am very blessed.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.