Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday unfolding...

I've been up and busy since 4:15am. I completed my "morning work" and then worked on my book for a while before going online and checking my e-mail. I had an e-mail from Facebook so clicked on the link and added a friend and then starting a search for "artist's groups" in the area and was so heartened to see a LOT of groups in the area. I joined a few, posted a few notices about the upcoming workshop I'm facilitating and looked at what other artist's are doing. It was enlightening and inspiring.

As always, my morning meditations have me "fired up" and ready to go and I'm having to rein myself in and FOCUS because my mind is sprinting in too many different directions.

So...deep breath, relaxing, centering and focusing on this blog!

I didn't create this weekend because I was fortunate enough to have young energy to enjoy. Three of my grandchildren spent Saturday and Sunday with me. I took them to Buford Dam and had a picnic on a sandy bank, under a tree, by the Chattahoochee River. It was a warm, Sunny Spring day and I let them roll up their pants and get their feet in the water. We took a hike and they hugged a tree (my grandson, Ayden who was having his 10th birthday asked me if this meant he was a real "tree hugger" and made me laugh!). We thanked the tree for it's loving energy and I had them close their eyes on more than one occasion to "see" what they felt without "seeing" literally. Children are so wonderful to be around because they are spontaneous, uninhibited, honest and innocent. I enjoy sitting back and observing them just "be" because as adults, we sometimes are so busy doing that we forget the joy of just being. I didn't mind not creating this weekend because their energy is such a gift to me.

On Wednesday I am going to paint with a group of ladies. I've been trying to get over to paint with them for months but am going to MAKE it happen this Wednesday. I am only familiar with one of the women as an aquaintance but she is very interesting to me and is a professional artist as well as a business owner promoting the learning of art in several different media. I know I can learn from her and the others in the group and hopefully I will add an integral, positive element to the group, too.

Thursday night I am going to see Dr. Zahi Hawass speak at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta and I am soooooooooo excited. He's talking about the mysteries of Egypt and I have decided that my next trip (after my Colorado River rafting trip) must be to see the pyramids. I'd love to hear from anyone who had already had the experience and know how it affected and changed them as a person.

I can see it is going to be a beautiful day and part of me wants to throw on my "yard" clothes and get out there and pull some weeds and work on my beds. I was gone a lot through the winter and now that it's Spring, my yard is calling. Yesterday, I noticed the dogwoods starting to bloom and my lilies and other perennials are starting to peep through the ground. I planted a Thundercloud Plum tree last Fall and already it delighted me with pink blooms and now the red leaves are starting to grow in. The tops of the tall trees are greening and buds are popping out on everything. This is such an exciting time of year to me. My hyacinths are glorious and the scent divine and the daffodils contine to delight.

Okay...FOCUS! I got an order out on Friday and that felt very good to me. I designed my invoices, two marketing flyers for the Mind/Body/Spirit workshops and the "Artist's Way" workshops and finished the artist's bio (well...at least it's a good start...and I've already shared that with you).

Spoke to my CPA on Sunday (the man works 365 days a year, I think) and looks like I will be able to help with the upcoming wedding (my daughter) and finance some weekend art shows. I understand the meaning of "starving artist" but know it's a process. I am reminded to take things step-by-step and lay a good foundation and then all will fall in to place. Life gives me all that I need to be happy and everything comes to me at the proper time. I believe it.

My youngest child is getting married on April 18th and it will be a sweet, intimate event in a natural setting. They are getting married out-of-doors and it will be sweet and simple and a real celebration of love. Fortunately, all of my children seem to have the perfect mates and God is good. When my children are happy, I am happy! I express my gratitude to God daily for their happiness and health.

So, moving in to my day now with a full plate open to all the goodness that is coming this way! It IS a great day to be alive and I am expecting a miracle today. Sending a bubble light to everyone! Smile often and keep a grateful heart.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.